Ellevate - Ellevate
Ellevate is a professional netowork for women. Primarliy an events platform, it has many other features. Part social network, part CMS, localized Chapters, a B2B side & several levels of access based on roles. This required a custom admin, payemnts as subscription, point of sale & lots of ways to communicate with members.
6 Years leading development is alot to cover. So…
- Performance. I inherited an old app that would regularly timeout & sometimes crash. I implimented several things:
- Sidekiq to offload long-running tasks to background jobs.
- Redis caching.
- Vue components to pull in content on pages with lots of associations.
- Scout APM to find slow endpoints.
- Eliminating n+1 queries.
- PurgeCSS & Critical CSS setup in Webpack.
- Chunking Vue components so they load remotely.
- Managment. Leading a team required some changes.
- Rubocop and AirBnB styleguide.
- Webpack to build a modern from end.
- Migrating from a custom CSS framework to Bootstrap.
- Codeship for our CI.
- Just a few new Features.
- Squads. Uses an algorithm to put users into groups based on their chosen date/time, career stage, goals & location (either by chapter or lat/lon).
- Real time messeaging system.
- Free trial - we migrated away from an application process.
- Reverse trial. A free trail with a payemnt required up front.
- Seemless signup/upgrade flows written in Vue so they can exsist in a modal.
- Technical Lead