Gleans data from government APIs & social media to alert users to nearby disasters.
- Pulls data from REST APIS & XML feeds. Sources include Twitter REST API, USGS, Weather Underground, US Forest Service, NASA’s JPL & FEMA.
- Event data is normalized, categorized & reverse geocoded.
- Google Maps API displays events within a user’s area or ip address.
- Users can sign up, set a location, alert radius & notification preferences.
- Twilio API sends users SMS alerts for events in their notification radius.
- Events can be created/updated/deleted by registered users.
Live Site: https://doomcast.herokuapp.com/