I bought a Kindle paperwhite last year and noticed 2 things. First I read a lot more. Second, now my iPad’s only use is as 2nd monitor. Taking an idea from Bill Gates. Books I read in 2014.
- Gamorrah - Roberto Saviano
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time - Jeff Sutherland
- Y: The Last Man - Brian K. Vaughan
- World War Z - Max Brooks. If you like Studs Terkel, you’ll like this book too.
- The Forever War - Joe Halderman
- Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
- The Giver - Lois Lowry
- Liar’s Poker - Michael Lewis
- World Corporation - King Camp Gillette. The creater of Gillette razors imagines a utopia in the early 1900’s. He proposes a new nation built on of a hydroelectric damn built over Niagra Falls. Gillette designs everything from city blocks to silverware for his new nation.
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders - L. David Marquet
- The Compleat Angler - Izaak Walton
- The Lean Startup - Eric Ries
- Pro AngularJS - Adam Freeman
- Ender’s Game - Orson Scott Card
- The Mount - Carol Emshwiller. What if Aliens treated humans like Horses?
- The Book of Muscle - Ian King
- Hardcore Diaries - Mick Foley. NPR Interview here.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagiueis - James Luceno
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins. Really liked the 1st book. 2nd book was ok. This was a struggle.